Sunday, November 17, 2013

Exercise: Make a page layout

We were shown a few different layouts and asked to find various photos from our collections to try them out with. As we are later making a photo story, I decided to use photos on one theme and make this into a mini photo story project.

The first page I made has the title in Verdana font, size 21 then size 14 for the introduction. The reason I chose Verdana is that it is sans serif and very clear and simple. I then chose Times 12 for the writing, as serif fonts are easier to read. The 2 images show slightly different aspects of the palace grounds.

The second has Arial size 14 another clear sans serif font. I think it looks clear and very easy to read. The images were chosen to go together as they are of a very similar subject and I felt the colours also being quite pale worked. 
For the double page spread, I chose a subject with a strong visual and one that draws us in. It is slightly off centre. The text for the caption is  Helevetica size 14, another sans serif font. Both the sky and snow provide ample spaces for clear text, but I felt top left was the best place in this image. 
The heading is Tahoma, 30 and caption 14. For the text I chose PT Serif size 12,  I feel the 2 fonts interact well with each other. The images on the right show the effects of the weather more clearly.Again, I feel the contrasting colours in 2 images work with the paler images in the other 2. 



No comments:

Post a Comment