Monday, February 11, 2013

Nikon Club: Get Together 3, Kota Kinabalu









On the 26th Feb, Nikon had another get together in KK, which was a great chance to catch up with old friends and practice shooting models again. This was also a competition to win a nikon 1 camera, and so there was a lot of motivation to try and get good shots :) There was a lot of excitement from the male quarters as one model in particular did not appear to be wearing much! We followed the crowds, and watched as others set the models up and then shot. I was limited to my 50mm f1.8 lens as lending Anna the d3100 meant we had to give her my kit lens, but actually this proved a useful exercise in using one focal length and I enjoyed it. I had lots of flash issues, I kept getting everything overexposed despite using it under power. It was also tricky as lots of people were using flash and sometimes I got a few flashes in my photo which didn't help with the overexposure issues!

Overall, I was pleased with some of my shots, despite this definitely not being my first choice of shoot (documentary is soooo much more my thing, I hate set up shoots).

No comments:

Post a Comment