Monday, February 11, 2013

Nikon: Photo 3 workshop, Kota KInabalu

After a wait, we finally saw a Photo 3 workshop coming up, and so got Anna to come too as she was looking for a more creative workshop than the practicality of Photo 1 and Photo 2. This workshop has a more practical element and involves going out on a shoot where you have to focus on texture, mood, colour among other things. I chose to focus on texture. Of course the photo shoot happened in the middle of the day, not the optimum time for a shoot, but nevertheless, the 4 of us who went out together had some fun and felt challenged by it. We then had to submit 3 images, which were then critiqued by others, although due to the sheer amount of participants, by the time they got to mine it didn't really happen! I had lots of fun taking shots of things being carried in the back of 4 wheel drives, which of course attracted a lot of attention :)



I chose these 3 as they were varied but each one does fit my chosen theme of texture. The jeans were hanging in the area of KK town where the graffiti is, and I liked the texture of them and also the colours. I was again using the 50 mm lens, and had my aperture set at 1.8, a challenge in such bright sunshine! The leaf was a colour contrast as well as a texture one, and I thought the number plate was a fun picture of the theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment