Sunday, July 15, 2012

Assignment 1 - First night shoot

I went out at twilight with the intention of taking shots at this time to capture the light. However, it quickly became apparent that living 4 degrees north of the equator gives me very little time in which to work, so I started to wait until a little later and do longer shots.

 This photo was taken just outside my house, and this was when I realised I still had the UV filter on! This was shot at f4.5, 2 seconds on shutter priority.
 I then braved the middle of the road for a more balanced shot. This time I used 1.3s, giving an aperture of f3.5.
 The park was the next destination. f6.3, 5 secs.
 The road by the park. The car light trails show a trace of human involvement in the landscape. f9, 5 secs.
 I tried the shot a little later as it got darker, and was happier with the effect. f18, 60 seconds.
Again I went with a 60 second exposure, f9.

Overall I was happiest with the 60 second exposures, I would love to go even longer but don't have a remote for my lumix. I also need some limits, and so may use 60 second exposures and my 14mm lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment