Monday, July 16, 2012

Assignment 1 - Fourth Night Shoot

I found the basketball court (eventually, and yes very close to my house) and so headed there this evening for a shoot. I was happy with the ones I had taken on impulse, not so happy with the ones I had imagined.
 This is one shot I have thought of, but I am not sure I like it. I need to try and come when people are playing, so maybe a weekend evening, to see how that looks. f10, 60s
 A bit closer up - a little better. Shadows were fun to try and hide from, mine seemed to be everywhere! f13, 60s
 I quite liked the effect here, with the shadow of the tree, and the trace of people where the house lights are on. f16, 60s
 Then tried it from a bit further back. f16, 60s
 This building caught my eye, I am not happy with the light on the left, am deciding if I want to try again or clean up in photoshop. I could also try a shorter shot, but that affects the whole project! f22, 60s.
 This one was tricky to get a good angle for on account of the sewer I had to stand over....f22, 60s
The final shot I took - the first car that obliged and turned into my shot! f22, 60s

So overall, I still like the effect of 60second exposures, but am thinking about lights and if I include them or not and where they will be in the shot if I do. The market is on tomorrow and so there will be more going on over at the industrial estate. I have a few shots in mind for over there.....

No comments:

Post a Comment