Sunday, July 1, 2012

So I have finally taken the plunge and decided to recommence my photoraphy studies. I heard that OCA had completely revamped the PWDP course and so decided to give it another go. My interest in photography has been renewed since joining the Nikon Club in Malaysia www.nikonclub.com.my and going to their workshops in Sabah. Although the workshops I have been to were quite basic, it has sparked my interest, and I am looking forward to the upcoming Speedlight workshop in Kota Kinabulu. I have had a speedlight for years and use it occassionally, but have never really sat down to learn about how to use it more effectively. In the last school holidays, myself and a friend who also comes to the workshops visited the Nikon Centre in KL, which is where I got to play with a D7000, and I managed to get some good advice about why I should upgrade my D90 - is it really that much better? Well, they managed to persuade me, and I am soooo glad I got it. It's lovely. I am currently using it to take photos in classes I observe and it really does seem to cope well in challenging light situations. I look forward to using it for assignments in the upcoming course!

Hopefully my pack will get sent to me today, I am not sure how long it will take to make it to the Borneo shores! I already have some idea of what the first assingment is though from the sneak preview on the website and other people's blogs, and I am already inspired. But I will not plan anything concrete until I have read the official guide :) and make sure I really know what I need to do.

I have been continuing to listen to photo podcasts to keep myself up to date, and I still read Amateur Photograper on my ipad, as well as some Malaysian photography magazines (luckily they print a few in English, my Malay is not quite that good yet!).

No comments:

Post a Comment